- Parc de la Rivière du Moulin : On your next business trip, why not take time off, get out in the fresh air and visit the Parc de la Rivière du Moulin ? Go snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, skating or even play hockey in this natural area located right in the heart of Chicoutimi. You can even rent equipment at a very reasonable price.
- Port area of Chicoutimi : Take a walk along the banks of the Saguenay River at the Port area of Chicoutimi. In cold weather, marvel at the ice-covered cliffs and the stillness of the frozen water in our vast and beautiful river, a view you can also admire from your hotel room.
- Monts-Valin : The Monts-Valin national park, a snow-covered paradise, has plenty of winter activities such as Nordic skiing, fat bike and wildlife watching. And don’t forget the enigmatic, ghostly beauty of the Vallée des Fantômes! The trip between the Monts-Valin Park and the Hôtel Chicoutimi takes 30 minutes at the most!
- Valinouet : Less than 45 minutes from the hotel, the Valinouet ski centre and its impressive amounts of snow will make your downhill skiing or snowboard excursion unforgettable! There’s also a network of cross-country and snowshoeing trails as well as great tubing slopes, all accessible at the Valinouet!
- Mont Belu : You can go downhill skiing or snowboarding at Mont Bélu in La Baie. Illuminated slopes in the evening, very reasonable prices, all this less than 30 minutes from the Hôtel Chicoutimi!
Located right on the main street of Chicoutimi, our four-star hotel sits proudly in the centre of Saguenay’s festive activities. You’ll be in the front row for several events:
- Saguenay wine festival: where wine buffs and epicureans will be able to discover many different prestigious producers.
- REGARD, Short Film Festival in Saguenay: one of the main short film festivals in North America.
- Festival international des Rythmes du Monde: a unique event bringing together 950 artists and performers. Shows are presented on an outdoor stage, right in front of the Hôtel Chicoutimi.
- Festival Jazz & Blues de Saguenay: internationally-acclaimed artists perform for six days.
Closed to cars for several weeks during the summer season, Chicoutimi’s main street, the Rue Racine, where the hotel is located, becomes a veritable stage and gallery. With its trendy boutiques, bistros and fine restaurants, the street is a tourist attraction in itself and is loved by local Chicoutimi people as well as tourists. It’s not surprising that many well-known artists come back to our hotel again and again.