OUR HOTEL IS TAKING ACTION NOW WITH REGARD TO THE FUTURE BECAUSE WE’D LIKE TO SEE YOU HERE FOR A LONG TIME TO COME.
At the Hôtel Chicoutimi, we believe strongly that development should not be conducted at the expense of the environment and future generations. That’s why our approach is one of sustainable development and ecological responsibility. For the last ten years we have been working hard to promote local talent and reduce our carbon footprint. Our corporate vision includes the environmental, social, economic, cultural, ethical and territorial aspects of sustainable development.
Our main preoccupations aim to:
Reduce our impact on the environment
- By offsetting greenhouse gas emissions through the sale of trees (in collaboration with Carbone Boréal)
- By effective waste management including composting and recycling
- By organizing your environmentally-friendly event
Encourage the local economy
- By encouraging partnerships with local artisans
- By using local products in our restaurants
Promote local culture and artistic creation
- By our participation in the many festivals that are the pride of our city
- By the number of beautiful regional artworks decorating our hotel
Promote a healthy lifestyle
- By our Health Policy
- By our restaurant menus using local products
- By our partnership with Rezzo Santé
Hotel development should serve as a stimulus for the local economy and ensure access to resources for future generations. Our environment protection initiatives, which include offsetting greenhouse gas emissions, allied with our emphasis on authentic local culture, are an integral part of our commitment to sustainable development. At Hotel Chicoutimi, we are continuing to make progress in this direction thanks to management, employees and a qualified eco-advisor.